Brand History

Aug.08 2013 [ L M S ] View:

Jowett was founded in 1901 by brothers Benjamin (1877—1963) and William (1880—1965) Jowett with Arthur V Lamb. They started in the cycle business and went on to make V-twin engines. Some early engines found their way locally into other makes of cars as replacements.

In 1904 they became the Jowett Motor Manufacturing Company based in Back Burlington Street, Bradford. Their first Jowett lcar was produced in February 1906.

Jowett Cars Limited was a new private company formed in June 1919 to make and sell motorcars. It purchased the car manufacturing portion of the business carried on by the Jowett Motor Manufacturing Company. It became a Public Company listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1935

Pre.: []    Next:[]